“Addiction is a lifelong battle, and getting your finances back on track is part of making a full recovery. It can ease your stress and reduce the urge to relapse into drug and alcohol abuse..” Click on the link below to read more on how to rebuild financially while maintaining sobriety. https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/rebuild-finances-after-rehab.php
In Nashville Season 5, one of the main characters learned that his teenage stepdaughter was suffering from teenage depression. It’s a story line that is very rarely covered in TV shows, but an important one. Teenage depression is a very real mental condition and can cause many problems with development and in adulthood. Teenagers face …
For more info on suicide, check out https://www.cdc.gov/
As with any medications, anti-psychotic drugs have side effects. Here are four tips on taking anti psychotics:
1) Know the risks. Conduct thorough research to understand the risks of your medication. Consult more than one source to gain the complete information. If you have questions or concerns about possible side effects of your medication, speak to your provider immediately.
2) Don’t be afraid. Everyone responds differently; no two people are the same in their response to medications. If your friend has had a reaction
to their medication that doesn’t mean that you will also have the same reaction.
3) Explore the alternatives. In some cases, a combination of counseling and medications can be more effective than medications. Also, speak with your doctor about any natural remedies that you are taking.
4) Not just for psychosis. Some anti psychotics can be used to help treat mood disorders such as bipolar. Do not be alarmed if your doctor prescribes an anti psychotic and you are not diagnosed with a form of psychosis. As always speak up ask questions, it is your body and health and you have every right to know why you are taking a medication.
Depression Shadows in the Sun: Healing from Depression and Finding the Light Within, by Gayathri Ramprasad The memoir of Gayathri who grew up in Bangalore and her courageous battle with her undiagnosed depression that consumed her from adolescence through marriage and a move to the United States. It was only after the birth of her …
Sunshine Without adequate exposure to sunlight, a person’s serotonin levels can dip low. Low levels of serotonin are associated with a higher risk of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Go outside, even in the winter. Let the sunshine into your house. Open shades and curtains. Go for a walk, get some fresh air. Bring in some …
- The sound of children laughing
- The smell of fresh baked bread
- Standing on a white sandy beach looking into the crystal blue ocean
- Free drink from Starbucks
- Conclusion to a grueling semester
- 4th of July BBQs
- Getting lost in a book by your favorite author
- Binge watching a newly discovered Netflix series
- Completing that annoying level on candy crush
- Supportive feedback from fellow colleagues
- Sound of the rain, while I am under my blanket
- Completing all my chores, and still having time for a nap
- Deep tissue massages
- No traffic
- Mystery shows
- Ignorant TV
- Smell of rain
- Homemade spaghetti
- Count down to vacations
- Receiving hand written love notes